I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
- Netball Success
Mrs Harrison and the girls travel to the Minster School.
- Brendan-Lee scores a hat-trick
Forest View took on Greenwood at football on Thursday evening.
- Triathlon Success
Laini enters local triathlon
- Achievement Awards Summer
At the end of the first summer term the achievements of children across the school were celebrated. Here are our achievement trophy winners.
- Swimming Lessons
Tony's swimming group - Tuesday 29th
On Tuesday 17th June, we were treated to an exciting assembly with Drum Skool. Everyone got to try out one of the drums, as we played together to create loud and dramatic rhythmic compositions.
Miss Robinson and Mrs McCarthy from year 5, proved to be rather good at it!
New Trim Trail Open
Latest Term Dates Events
- SUMMER HOLIDAY24Jul2014
- ADMIN DAY - STAFF ONLY02Sep2014
- Inset Day03Sep2014