I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
Terrific Trophies Week
What a week of trophy celebrations.
On Monday 13th July, Miss Peck and our athletics team were successful in the Dukeries inter school athletics competition.
Thursday 16th July, saw Forest View become the first winners of the Gypsy Roma Traveller History month trophy for the Dukeries family of schools. We received the trophy from the High Sheriff of Nottinghamshire - Jas Bilkhu. He even wore his ceremonial robes, despite the lovely weather.
As part of Gypsy Roma Traveller History month classes Malawi, Ireland, Kenya and China, visited the Dukeries theatre to watch Crystal's Vardo. It was an excellent tour through Gypsy, Roma and Traveller history.
Forest View also received a visit from Richard O'Neill the well known story teller. He spent the afternoon with Classes Brazil and Canada.
Latest Term Dates Events
- Summer Holidays23Jul2015
- Admin day02Sep2015
- Inset day03Sep2015
- New term starts04Sep2015
@ Forest View
School re-opens for the start of the Autumn Term.
- Hathersage Meeting Year 510Sep2015
3:30 pm - 4:15 pm @ School Hall
Meeting about the Year 5 Residential Visit to Hathersage
Why not take a look at the Virtual Tour and Class Pages to see what is happening in each year group?