I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
Boccia team successful - Next stop County Championships in June!
Latest Term Dates Events
- BANK HOLIDAY02May2016
@ Forest View
- Athletics Event Y3/403May2016
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm @ Joseph Whitaker School
Athletics Event for children in Year 3/4
- SATs week Year 609May2016
9:30 am - 12 may, 2:00 pm @ Forest View
SATs tests for the Year 6 pupils.
- Nurse drop-in session10May2016
8:30 am - 9:30 am @ Forest View Community Room
Parents/carers may come in and see the nurse about any problems/worries they may have.
- Devises Clothing Collection12May2016
9:30 am - 10:30 am @ Forest View
Collection from Devises of clothing, belts, paired shoes, books, CD's, DVD's, blankets, sheets, pillowcases.
Class Ireland receive a letter from Tim Peake and ESA. Visit our class page for a great read.
Our outside space is looking spick and span. Mr Hutchinson, Mrs Walker, Mrs Hennell and Mrs Mitchell have all been working hard to develop the wild life area, vegetable plot and outdoor classroom. With the better weather we're all looking forward to getting outside more to enjoy the school grounds.
If you would like to contact school please click on the link to complete our contact form. Or telephone the school office on the number shown above.
- Netball Tournament
Miss Marshall and netball team visit The Minster.
- Letter from Tim Peake and ESA
Class Ireland receive a reply to their letter.
- Boccia Finalists
The A team are victorious.
- Cross Country -Mansfield Harriers
Success for the cross country team.
- Football v Heatherly
Thursday saw the football team in action again.
Why not take a look at the Virtual Tour and Class Pages to see what is happening in each year group?