I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
School Council with the help of Mr Ford are currently working on this year's transition video in preparation for the New Parents' Meeting on 4th June.
World War One Exhibition
St Giles Church
A sneak preview of our fantastic work based on World War One in Ollerton.
Please come and take a look.
Latest Term Dates Events
- Half Term Holiday23May2015
- Cross Country04Jun2015
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Dukeries Academy
All years cross country competition
- Cycle Training Level 204Jun2015
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ School
- New Parents meeting04Jun2015
16:30 pm - 17:30 pm @ Forest View Hall
Meeting for parents of Year 2 children coming up to Forest View in September.
- Year 5 Maths Challenge05Jun2015
13:30 pm - 15:00 pm @ Dukeries Academy
Why not take a look at the Virtual Tour and Class Pages to see what is happening in each year group?