I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
What an exciting week at Forest View! Local church visits, parents evenings, tag rugby, willow weaving, Dukeries Maths Challenge, football and an eclipse.
A team of mega mathematicians from Class Ireland have retained the Dukeries Maths Challenge trophy for a second term. Well done to Abbie, Ella, Jo and Tia.
Representatives from Class Ireland enjoyed a session of willow weaving at the cemetery. The results look great.
What an eclipse! The school created pin hole viewers and went out to enjoy a cloudless sky and super images of the sun as the moon moved across it.
Classes Australia, Brazil, Canada and Malawi have been out and about in the local area visiting many of the places of worship in the village. Classes Ireland, China and Kenya will be going out soon to explore St.Giles and the war memorial.
Children from Year 5 and 6 took part in tag rugby tournament at the Dukeries. Well done to Miss Markham and the team - second place.
Thank you to all those who attended parents evening this week - we had a very strong turn out. Structured conversation take place next week -23rd March
The year six boys football team have ended their season finishing in the top half of the table.
For Class Ireland's Hathersage trip - please click here
Latest Term Dates Events
- Class Malawi Assembly30Mar2015
15:25 pm - 15:30 pm @ School Hall
- Reading Reward31Mar2015
13:10 pm - 15:30 pm @ Forest View
- Year 6 SATs meeting for Parents31Mar2015
15:30 pm - 16:15 pm @ Forest View
- Easter Bonnet Parade & Raffle02Apr2015
09:30 am - 10:30 am @ School Hall
Special assembly plus our annual parade & raffle.
- Easter Holidays03Apr2015
Why not take a look at the Virtual Tour and Class Pages to see what is happening in each year group?