I am delighted to introduce myself as the Head Teacher of Forest View Junior School! We have a wonderful team all dedicated to bringing out the best in our children. Our motto is ‘Learn, Live and Laugh together’ derived by two children from our school and I think this encapsulates our core purpose. Forest View is a school with the community at its heart; a place where children leave as ‘lifelong learners,’ equipped with the essential skills to be successful in the future.
Deemed as a ‘Good School’ by OFSTED in our last inspection, we are driven by our Mission Statement. Our mission is:
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment in which all children feel safe, cared for and have equal access to all aspects of school life
- To encourage independence, the confidence to take risks and make informed decisions
- To provide a curriculum that is challenging, creative and promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural awareness
- That every child who walks out of the door at the end of Year 6 has achieved the best they can and are equipped with the essential life skills to be successful
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website, and visitors are most welcome to our school.
Mr G Worthington
Trent to Trenches and Making It
Mrs Dawson has arranged more exciting visitors as part of our First World War topic. On Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th February we will welcome Andy McKinnon to school to speak about the men listed on the Ollerton war memorial and the Making It team will help us create clocks and torches.
A special visitor
On Friday 6th February, Bishop Tony, the Bishop of Sherwood with Rev Burton joined us for lunch and a cup of tea. The school council spent an hour chatting and asking him questions.
Letters To The Trenches
Thursday 5th February saw Class Ireland perform to friends and family in a fantastic début of their play. For further photos visit their class page.
Latest Term Dates Events
- Year 5 Residential02Mar2015
10:00 am - 04 mar, 15:30 pm @ Hathersage
- World Book Day05Mar2015
@ Forest View
- Year 6 Boys Football Match05Mar2015
15:45 pm - 16:45 pm @ Forest View
Match against St Joseph's Catholic Primary
- Kingswood Meeting for Year 5 Parents09Mar2015
15:35 pm - 16:00 pm @ School
Meeting for Year 5 parents for Kingswood Visit in Year 6
- Basketball Final Y5/610Mar2015
16:00 pm - 17:00 pm @ Dukeries Academy
Why not take a look at the Virtual Tour and Class Pages to see what is happening in each year group?